Thursday, November 27, 2014

a new york proposal


I can't believe that one year ago Samuel proposed to me! New York at Thanksgiving, why not propose? We all saw it coming but I am still surprised Sam was able to keep it a secret the whole day. (I can usually read him like a book) I should have been suspicious on the metro ride to Empire State Building but it all started off like any normal day. It was rainy and cold; Sam was dressed in his $6 DI shirt so I thought no primping necessary and off we went. Everything was going along without a hitch. Sam got the ring through building security without me noticing and it stopped raining right when we got to the 86th floor observatory. But the day definitely had it's chaotic moments.....
craziest, strongest, coldest wind of my life
At the observatory it was freezing and we stayed outside just long enough to snap some pictures and sneak some kisses. I was ready to jet but Sam seemed to be taking his sweet time. I wondered why he would want to wait up there any longer. It finally hit me. He was going to propose right then and there.  I blurted out "No way, no way!!" a million times before he had the chance to say anything. I remember him saying how much he loved me and wanted to be with me forever. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. We both were a shivering, crying, and wind blown mess but it was perfect. I just wanted to kiss him forever and marry him that very minute.



This Thanksgiving I'm glad for everything that we've been through together and that Samuel asked me to marry him one year ago. Saying yes was the best decision I ever made.
                      
|| Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com