Tuesday, December 2, 2014

december


I love December because it means

The end of semesters:
Hallelujah! Sam will be finished with his first semester of law school in 3 weeks. We are literally counting down the days!

Winter:
A San Diego December isn't exactly "winter" because it's not snowing and freezing but slightly overcast is a perfect winter for me. I can't seem to talk enough about the weather can I? (But seriously, it was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving. Absurd!) 

Christmas:
December 2014 also means Sam and Erin's first Christmas. Yay!
Being our first, I realized how unprepared we were for this festive holiday. And no dental hygiene license means no job, which means no money but hey, at least I have LOADS of free time. I suddenly went into major craft mode. (What? That has never happened. I am the most unartistic person.)  First I made a garland. Next Christmas stockings, with my mom's help of course. Then things got really carried away and the next thing I knew, I was making ornaments too!

Now that we had all the fixings, the final ingredient for Christmas was a tree. There's no better place than Christmas Tree Country to find a little tree. (It's the same place we got our pumpkins which you can read about HERE ) 

On our way home with Norman (that's his name)

Our first Christmas is already starting to be better than I imagined. See for yourself: 


And this is why I love Sam. Yes he is wearing the stockings I made.

|| Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com