Monday, September 22, 2014

solana shrooms and succulents

The weekend might have included some trespassing and shrooms. Come on I know what you are probably thinking. As you know, I have a great lawyer....well soon to be lawyer so I figured this post was alright even if it included some incriminating evidence of the weekend's happenings. (Look at me, turning into the wife of lawyer using words like incriminating) And just for the record, said "shrooms" are referring to the Mushroom Caves in Solana Beach.


The sole purpose of our venture to Solana Beach was for the Mushroom Caves. However, starting off an adventure not knowing the exact location of your ending point can either be very spontaneous or in our case very trying. We had no idea where the caves were actually located and neither did anyone else for that matter. After about an hour of driving around while scanning google maps, blogs, and websites, we parked and hoped for the best. We took a trail along the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve and a few pit stops later, 


Boom Bam! We found them!! 



On the way home we stopped at the cutest little succulent garden. I was minding my own business as I moseyed down the isles.  I looked up just expecting to see a cute cactus. Nope. What the!! There was an iguana/ lizard 2 inches from my face! I got out of there real quick. But stayed just long enough to snap a pic and read her name plaque.

lucy was scarier than she looks 
We ended the day at Solana Beach and it was lovely. 

|| Erin 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com